{random poetry #53}




“Are you anybody else’s missing piece?
“Not that I know of.”
“Well, maybe you want to be your own piece?
I can be someone’s and still my own.
from The Missing Piece

•.•❤•.••.•❤•.••.•❤•.••.•❤•.••.•❤•.•

“Underneath my outside face
There’s a face that none can see.
A little less smiley,
A little less sure,
But a whole more like me.”

“There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part, 
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.”
from Every Thing on It

•.•❤•.••.•❤•.••.•❤•.••.•❤•.•

“Poor, poor fool why can’t you see
She can love others and still love thee.”
from Where the Sidewalk Ends

•.•❤•.••.•❤•.••.•❤•.•

“The baby bat
Screamed out in fright,
‘Turn on the dark,
I’m afraid of the light.”

•.•❤•.••.•❤•.•

“How many slams in an old screen door? 
Depends how loud you shut it. 
How many slices in a bread? 
Depends how thin you cut it. 
How much good inside a day? 
Depends how good you live ‘em. 
How much love inside a friend
Depends how much you give ‘em.”

•.•❤•.•

“And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet”

Silverstein, S. (1932-1999)